So the days are getting shorter, sunlight diminishes, temperature drops and to top it all off you’ve got a cold! Not festive at all! So here’s my guide to staying healthy and happy this winter.
1. Keep those hands clean! Anti bacterial hand wash will kill most bacteria and reduce the chance of spreading germs
2. Keep warm. Your body will be working hard to keep you warm if you get too cold and this in turn will effect your immune systems’ ability to fight colds.
3. Try and exercise regularly, it has been shown that regular exercisers have a stronger immune system and much less chance of catching colds and becoming ill.
4. Eat the right foods. Orange fruit and vegetables are usually very high in vitamin C, which is known to help boost your immune system. Try and use garlic, ginger, chillies and peppers whenever you can when cooking. The Chillies and bell peppers are very high in Vitamin C and also contain capsicum, a powerful, anti inflammatory and decongestant. Garlic and Ginger are antimicrobial, meaning they are very effective anti bacterial agents. They both also have antioxidant properties.
5. Rest well. Lack of sleep will effect your immune systems’ ability to function properly, increasing your chances of getting ill.
6. Pay particular attention to 3,4, and 5!!
If you apply all, or some of these techniques, I’m sure you will be fighting fit and cold free this winter.