A quick and healthy summer favourite.
What makes it so good? The ingredients are fresh, healthy and taste amazing.
The vegetables go well with most things and can be served hot or cold, after a day in the fridge they taste amazing!
What’s in it?
For 2 servings of Vegetables:
- 1 courgette (Zucchini if from US) sliced and quartered
- 1 bell pepper of choice, I use yellow for colour, cubed into 2cm chunks
- 1 1/2 red onions
- 200g cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- enough extra virgin olive oil to coat everything, at a guess 2 – 3 tablespoons
- enough mixed herbs to cover everything
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Salmon fillet per person, seasoned with salt and pepper, a drizzle of oil for frying
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200/180 fan gas mark 6
- Wash pepper, tomatoes and courgette and drain
- Chop Pepper, onion and courgette to roughly the same size, approx 2cm
- Crush garlic using flat edge of knife so that clove stays intact but crushed
- Halve the tomatoes and set aside
- Add pepper, onion, courgette and garlic to baking tray
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Add oil and mixed Herbs and toss to coat, bare in mind you will need to add tomatoes a bit later so allow enough for those too
- Roast for around 10 – 15 minutes, add the tomatoes and give them a good toss so they are well coated
- Roast for another 10 – 15 minutes, if veg is looking charred on the edges at this point it may be nearly ready if not, return to oven for another 10 – 15 minutes until softened and lightly charred
- Remove from oven when done and let cool while preparing the Salmon
- Heat a small amount of oil on a medium high heat in a frying pan
- Allow oil to reach temperature, 1 – 2 minutes
- Add Salmon fillet so that the thickest part is on either side, thin side down, fry for 2 minutes on top and then bottom (4 minutes total)
- Turn on side so that thickest part is being fried, fry for 1 minute on each side,
- Serve with Veg, a squeeze of lemon or lime can be added to fish
This dish will give you a good mix of vitamins and minerals and a good 20 – 25g of protein. You all will also get a good amount of Omega -3 fatty acids which are great for tapping into stored body fat and maintaining healthy muscle mass.